Coolami Cottage, capertee valley
As the saying goes ‘some things just never change’! Located in the stunning Capertee Valley, Australia’s Grand Canyon and the widest enclosed canyon in the world, ‘Coolami Cottage’, never before on the open market, is a prestige property that is outstanding in both location, style and quality.
At an altitude of 1,300 feet and facing east towards the majestic sandstone escarpments that tower hundreds of metres above the valley floor, ‘Coolami Cottage’ sits high and proud and welcomes the sunrise as the valley emerges from the early morning mist, and then begs good evening as the sandstone escarpments glow from red to gold.
Set on 100 acres (40 hectares) of improved and native pastures, fenced into 4 paddocks with internal laneways, all with electric fencing, 2 dams and bore fed troughs to all paddocks, ‘Coolami Cottage’ is an exceptional weekender for those seeking a tree change within 3 hours of Sydney CBD or an ideal low maintenance property for a retired couple.
‘Coolami Cottage’ is blessed with magnificent Kurrajong trees and towering gums throughout. The house yard is fully fenced and contains a mix of cherry blossom and claret ash trees, and mature immaculate lawns with a discreet helipad.
Once you have entered through the beautiful, bespoke white gates and drive through the 100 claret ash trees lining the driveway, you arrive at ‘Coolami Cottage’.
The inclusions are many:
- Spacious open plan living and dining area off the kitchen with split air-conditioning, wood burning fire and ceiling fans
- 2 large bedrooms with ceiling fans and built in wardrobes
- 1 large master bedroom with ensuite and walk in robe and split air conditioning and ceiling fan
- Large main bathroom with shower and bath
- Large separate laundry with extensive storage
- Large fully glassed sunroom ideal for dining and entertaining
- Surrounded by 2.5 metre fully lined verandas from which to while away the day
- Immaculate carpets and tiling throughout
- The interior is finished in neutral (off white) with downlights in all rooms.
- Mains electricity with backup 15 AMP generator input for emergency
- Telephone and satellite television connected
- Excellent internet and mobile phone reception keeping you in touch with the world (if you choose)
- Insect screens on all windows
- Adjacent to the house and connected by a fully covered carport is the two car garage with workshop and storage.
- Included within this building is a separate fully enclosed office and/or accommodation consisting of separate toilet, shower & wash basin, hot water, kitchenette and air-conditioning.
- A new licenced, fully fenced and enclosed solar bore with a 1000 gph capacity making it ideal for lawns, trees and the vegetable garden
- 75,000 litres (3 x 25,000) of rainwater storage
- 25,000 litres of bore water storage
- Frontage and accessible to both Huntingdale and Genowlan Roads